RCTS Identity Federation’s main goal is to facilitate and simplify shared services offer to the whole federated community, through technologies which expand the validity of an electronic ID, issued by one of the federation’s members.
The RCTS Identity Federation policy defines the federation by specifying procedures and practices, complemented with Technology Profiles which describe and regulate technologies within the federation.
The RCTS Identity Federation policy is structured in three parts
Defines the federation’s governance.
2. Technology Profiles
Establish technology options to connect to the federation. Currently, there are two technology profiles associated to the Federation’s policy:
- RCTSaai - SAML WebSSO Technology Profile
- eduroam - eduroam Technology Profile
3. Identity Assurance Profiles
Define the assurance level on identity claims and organizations.
- Federation Member Protocol
- Federation External Service Provider Member Protocol
- Identity Management Practices Statement
- Opt-in eduGAIN